Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011. Sterling, VA. The Package.

This package has taken on a life of it's own.    Now it is even more complicated.   It started when I forgot a package of eye drops in Nova Scotia.  These drops must be kept in the refrigerator and over the summer  the container moved right to the bottom corner where it stayed until I opened my drops at the farm and realized my stupidity.  My eye drops were still in Nova Scotia

I did what I always do when I need help in Nova Scotia, which is call my friend Mary MacDonald to help me out.  Jackie, our caretaker took the drops to Mary who kindly sent the package to us at the farm, via Fed Ex.  Soon it came back to Mary,  with a note saying that in order to send medicine across the border they needed a passport to accompany the package.  Is this reasonable?  We sent a copy of our passport to Mary who then sent the package back to FedEx.  So far so good.  Except, now we will be out of the country and no one will be at the farm.

Now the plan is for Brian to open the gate on Wednesday for the delivery man and hope the package will be left on the porch.  If not, the eye drops will once again be returned to my friend Mary.  Nothing is ever simple.

No comments: