Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28, 2011. Tuscalosa, Alabama. The Radio.

The radio saved the day.   For two hours, I changed the stations on satellite radio and listened for a few minutes to each one.   When I found one I liked, I put it into the automatic system.    There are three different satellites and eight buttons on the dial so I had to find 24 stations I liked.    Now we are set.

One station I found was playing men quartets, all singing gospel songs.  It was so much fun we listened for thirty minutes.   Ken and I were brought up singing and playing and listening to gospel songs so it was like hearing voices from the past.   I put that station into the memory bank.   I must say that when I listened to the same station later in the day neither of us liked the music much, so perhaps I will remove it but it was a lot of fun this afternoon.

Today was a long drive,  raining all the way,  so we were looking for ways to amuse ourselves.   Eating helps to while away the day too,  along with talking.  But the radio saved our bacon today.

No comments: