Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. Curling.

I discovered someone else likes watching Curling on TV.  Doreen does not enjoy watching football or hockey or basketball or baseball.  Don watches hockey and football.  I asked Doreen if she enjoyed any sports on TV?  She said "I love to watch curling on TV".  I laughed out loud.   I thought that no one but Ken and me enjoyed watching Curling on TV.  I immediately e mailed my friend Mary in Nova Scotia who hates Curling.  She was unimpressed.

Ever since Doreen has been here and we had the conversation about curling, I have been trying to find Curling on TV.  Finally, yesterday, the Canadian Women's Junior Championship was being played in Napanee, and it was on TV.  Of course, we watched.  Tonight we watched the men's Junior Championship.  Both matches were interesting.  Alberta won both so they go on to Sweden to represent Canada at the Junior World Series of  Curling March 3 to 11.

But I won't watch because Ken and I will be in Nova Scotia.  The Canadian Championship for seniors, called The Brier, is being held in Saskatoon from March 3 to 11.  I intend to watch every game.  I am so excited.  Our TV in the US never carries these curling matches so I am pleased we will be there for the Brier.  Maybe I will invite Mary over to watch.

No comments: