Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. Home Made Soup

I have made soup thousands of time, and each time the soup is different.  Today I will make soup again and Ken and I will enjoy eating the soup tonight at supper.  It will be good and it will be different.

I made the broth from simmering the chicken bones for several hours.   Ken cooked a large chicken the other night and I rescued the bones.   The pot is still sitting in the refrigerator.  Soon I will skim off the fat and drain the juice, then add the leftover vegetables I have kept in the freezer.  Finally I will taste it and add whatever is needed.  We have only one week left in Mexico so we are trying to eat up as much food as possible, so no telling what I will put into the soup.

I always call my soup Left Over Soup, for good reason.  Recipes are never used.  The soup is always tasty  and is always different, always prepared by Ruth, the one who doesn't cook!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I too make lots of soup that way. I think they are the best soups!