Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. Gettysburg.

I spotted the book as soon as we sat down.  Gettysburg, was the name.  We four went down to our favorite bar in the Hotel with Don and Doreen.  They have Happy Hour from 4 to 7 so as this is the last evening for them In Mexico,  we went out for a drink.   It was fun and festive.  We ate nachos and drank wine, except for Doreen who drank a virgin Pina Colatto.

The folks at the adjacent table were about our age so I spoke to them about the Civil War and told them about the book I had just read.  One thing led to another so I invited them over for a drink tomorrow at our place.  They are farmers from Iowa and run 200 head of cattle on their farm.  They are real farmers while we are gentlemen farmers, just writing cheques when necessary,  but I wanted Ken to talk to them and pick their brains.  The bar was way to loud for decent conversation.

One of the charms of living in a resort in Mexico is that you meet lots and lots of very nice people.  Tomorrow we will meet two more, all because I was nosy and read the title of their book.

No comments: