Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Aging Thing.

My brother already thinks I have lost my mind.  When he hears this latest story he will  certainly think he is right.

I have been telling everyone that Gill is coming on Thursday.   On Wednesday I e mailed her to tell her to pack light.  She was at work, but got back to say that she thought she was coming on Friday but she would let me know after she was at home.   I assumed that  the problem had to do with  my calendars.   The big one by the phone said one thing and my little pocket calendar  said another.   In addition, I felt sure that I put the information on the large calendar directly from Gill's e mail confirming her flights.  I was sure I was right.

Gill e mailed to say that she would be here on Friday.

I then looked at Gill's old e mail and sure enough, her information was correct.  And to make it worse, my large calendar says she is arriving on Friday.  Nowhere does it say she is arriving
 on Thursday.

My problem has to do with opposites.  I switch days and dates regularly and have done so since I went loopy.  Most of the time I correct myself, but had I not e mailed Gill, I would have gone down to wait for Gill, sitting on the bench wondering why she was not appearing.   But don't tell my brother.

No comments: