Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18, 2012. Playa Royale, Mexico. Cooking.

Talk about two bulls in a china shop!   Tonight, Gill and I cooked dinner together.  The problem is that neither of us like to cook but each of us like to be in charge.   I would suggest something but Gill would do it another way.   Then I would tell her what I was going to do but she told me that it would taste terrible if I did it that way.   Both of us are laughing all the while.  We both know our expertise in the kitchen.  Finally,  Gill gave up helping and went to read in the living room with Ken.   I completed the preparations and we finally ate a tasty stir fry shrimp dinner at 7:45.

This morning Gill and I walked to the Mall where Gill bought a new outfit in the wonderful Mexican cotton. She looks great in her natural color Capri pants and bright pink shirt.  Look for her  wearing it in Nova Scotia this summer.   We were clearly going to run out of food, so we shopped at the market, then after lunch and a short nap, we spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool.  The weather was spectacular.  After watching the sunset and drinking a beer, we began cooking.  Ken begged off because of his aching ear.

It was a fine good day for Gill.  Tomorrow night we will dine out!!

No comments: