Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November 12, 2014. Ridgeland, Mississippi. Arrival.

We did it. The drive went well and we arrived in time for lunch with Christina. The big girls went to piano lessons while Molly was still at school. I tired myself out talking all afternoon, first with Christina, then Molly when we picked her up from school and finally with Kate and Mary Frances. But it is lovely to catch up on the latest activities. I can report that Molly loves her first grade class. School begins at 8:30 but at 7:30 the school conducts a Gorilla Program of activities for anyone who wishes to come. It is a class of activities of various sorts. Molly is unhappy if they are late for the 7:30 class. Kate, in addition to her regular school at home is taking a math class at a local university. The course will transfer to her first year of college at Mississippi College next year. Mary Frances has painted her bedroom. Her art looks spectacular and she is pleased with the new look. I have not seen her own work yet but she is drawing and drawing and drawing. As always, arriving home is comforting. I remind myself every day of the many blessings we have with our family and friends in Mississippi. Tomorrow I begin my tests and scans. Someday it will end, but not yet.

No comments: