Friday, November 7, 2014

November 7, 2014. Canyon Lake, Texas. Tests and More Tests.

Nothing is definitive so more testing must be done. Ken suspected as much. I have lymphocytic pleural effusion, whatever that is, and at the moment, more tests must be done in order to find the source of the fluid filling my chest. The good doctor has made a package to take with us to Mississippi so Dr. Gregg can proceed to order the tests. I picked it up this morning on the way to the lake. It will be like solving a puzzle to try to figure out what is happening with my body. Ken says that sometimes they are never able to find the source of the problem, but usually it becomes obvious. In the meantime, I am carrying on with my life. This situation has been with me for quite a long time, before it became incapacitating. Now I will just slow down a bit. It does seem that as we get older, many more parts of the body require attention. My friend Gill is just in the process of checking her annual physical. It turns out there lots of little things are the matter such as hands that show arthritis and feet that hurt, both of which require a separate test and then treatment. Getting old is definitely not for wimps. The tests just keep going on and on. First up for me will be a Mammogram, which I hate. They are for sure going to need more chest fluid. And of course they must draw blood. And they will want a CAT scan of my abdomen. Eventually, the answer will be found, I hope!!

No comments: