Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 25, 2014. Riviera Maya, Mexico. Getting Old.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart. Today both Ken and I stayed the whole day in our suite, not because the weather was awful but we both felt terrible. I started coughing yesterday and Ken did the same. We suspect that we caught a bug on the plane so today was not our best day. We stayed home and read and rested and called for room service. By the time the family came for cocktail hour, we had showered and dressed and were able to join everyone for dinner. While I continue to huff and puff, my brother Dave is recovering from more cutting and a skin graft for a recurrence of his melanoma. For two weeks he is not able to use his arm or fingers. The good doctors also checked a node but he won't know for a couple of weeks of the result. I have a biopsy appointment on December 3 to try to determine the cell type in the mass in my chest. We hope to know whether I will survive another ten years, or perhaps two years, or maybe six weeks. You just never know when you are getting old, just what is around the corner. But we are grateful. Many folks never get to grow old!!

No comments: