Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 18, 2014. Ridgeland, Mississippi. More Procedures.

One procedure always leads to another procedure. It is as inevitable as day following night. Today I was checked out by our Cardiologist, Dr. Cotton. After examining me, he sent me to have an echo cardiogram. Ken also had the same test today, and also met with Dr. Cotton. All is as well as possible with Ken. All the doctors tell Ken he is doing well, although Ken does not feel that he is well. What the doctors really mean is that Ken is doing as well as possible with his illnesses. In other words, his present situation is Ken's new normal. Dr.Cotton spotted a calcium deposit on my mitral valve and tomorrow he will perform yet another procedure to check it out. The process does not sound like fun. He will insert a tube down my esophagus to look at my heart valve. But it is more modern medicine and one more procedure for me. This afternoon, Ken had an appointment with the Eye Doctor to check out his double vision. All is well with Ken's eyes. No problems with his retina nor his buckle. But now Ken has exercises once a day to get rid of the double vision. I hope it works. Tomorrow, Christina will take me to the hospital at 7:00 because Ken can not drive. Ken not driving is difficult because after my procedure I will not be able to drive so Christina will pick me up. These procedures are getting tiresome.

No comments: