Sunday, November 2, 2014

November 2, 2014. Harper, Texas. Patience.

Patience is supposed to be a virtue. In my opinion, it is overvalued. When something is broken, I want it fixed right now. If an idea for a trip is discussed, we tend to plan it. Only once in my life have we ever waited at a restaurant. I never get in a line for anything. I am not patient. Ken and I did not take the boys to Disney World because we were told that there were lines for everything. As long as we are working toward an end, I am happy but I am not patient if no progress is being accomplished. Right now I am not pleased with progress on my pleural effusion. I know what is happening but I do not know what has been the cause. My goal is to get it fixed, sooner than later. I know the procedure was only done on Thursday but in my mind, the lab results should be faster. I do not know if I should exercise and push myself or to continue to be a slug. Today I took a short walk but as I was still short of breath I walked slowly. Ken looked up information about pleural effusion and discovered that radiation can impact the lung. We already know that my radiation already clipped my carotid artery, at least it probably did, so perhaps that is the cause. I know, that I need to be patient, and understand that "This too shall Pass", but I do not enjoy waiting and doing nothing. I am not a patient person, even though I am almost always polite.

1 comment:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

Oh, Ruth -- another trial to combat! My prayers are with you. Where are you at this time - city?
We are fairly fine. Andrew is doing well. We continue to provide love and support and encouragement. He is so delightful to be around.
I, too, am among those less patient. "Patience is virtue, posses it if you can. Seldom found in women and never found in men." Thus sayeth my grandmother -- many times to me. I agree, I think of something and either I must do it, or poke along until I no longer am interested!! Blessings to you and Ken.