Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 19, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. The Truck.

Last Wednesday we left the truck to be serviced.  We were taking an excursion with Wendy on Thursday and the 100,000 mileage had passed without completing the regular service so we took it to Gateway, who we have used in the past.  Our drill was complicated.  I took the truck in at 6:45 to be sure they would take it in the first shift when they opened at 7.  When Christina dropped Molly at school, she picked me up at Gateway and also Ken and Wendy from home and we all ate a hearty breakfast at Primos.   It was fun and festive.  When Christina picked Molly up at 2, she picked me up at home and dropped me off to get the truck.  But the truck was not ready so I asked to take the truck and bring it back next week, which they agreed to do.

Today was the day to complete the job on the truck, with the same drill with Christina except today only Christina and I ate breakfast.   But once again, the truck was not ready when she dropped me off at 2.  So yet again I took it and will try again tomorrow except with no breakfast.  I will take the truck at 6:45 and drink a cup of coffee while Christina drops off Molly at 7:30 then picks me up to take me home.  And once again, Christina will pick me up at home to retrieve the truck.  They have promised to have the task completed tomorrow.  I hope so.  Poor Christina is always picking me up or dropping me off.  Fortunately she is good natured and very helpful.  We could not do without our Clever Christina.

No comments: