Sunday, April 3, 2016

March 3, 2016. Jackson, Mississippi. More Happy Traditions.

This afternoon I brought biscotti with me when I came to write my wee web log at Christina's.   I knew that we would have just enough time to drink a cup of tea and dunk biscotti.   Christina made the tea and Molly, Mary Frances, Christina and I sat around like ladies enjoying our tea.  Mary Frances has choir practice at 4:30 so I came in the nick of time before she was driven to rehearsal.  Her choir at church is singing at the 6:00 service tonight, which Christina and Molly will attend but I will return home like a heathen  We all enjoy the tradition of afternoon tea especially when we are together.

Most Sunday mornings we 6 go out for Brunch.  The girls always dress in their fancy dresses and look lovely.  Ken even wore his dark suit today, just to keep up with the look of the group.  Each Sunday we visit a different restaurant.  By now we have been to all the brunch places in town so we get to select a favorite from the past.  We always let the girls decide.  This morning Molly chose Anjou, a wonderful french restaurant in Ridgeland.  By the time we left, the place was packed, with people putting names on a list, so they must still be doing well.  I actually thought that their food was not up to their old standard, which often happens to restaurants after a few years.  For us, we were happy with our food and our service.  But most of all, we enjoyed the tradition of brunch together on Sunday morning at 11:15, at a restaurant chosen by the girls.   We all feel festive as we continue another happy tradition. . 

No comments: