Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 5, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Television and Internet.

When we married, we had no television.  We could not afford it, so when something we wanted was been shown on TV, we visited friends.  We did not miss it a bit.  After moving to Texas where we both had incomes, we bought a small set, if for no other reason than to track the storms.  One Olympics, we bought our first color set when the boys were 6 and 7.  For us it was a big one and we enjoyed it.  Of course, no one enjoyed Internet until fairly recently because it did not exist.

I no longer wish to live without television and internet.  They both bring me great pleasure.  The AT&T man arrived on time yesterday to repair the cable.  I felt as though I should hug his neck.  He certainly would have been surprised.  But he fixed our systems.  I was able to watch Antiques Road Show and the NCAA championship game.  And today I reviewed my hundreds of e mails.  Tonight Ken and I ate supper watching a hockey game on TV.  Our life has returned to normal.

Our normal is watching little television, but when I want to rest my eyes or watch a hockey game, I want the ability to watch television.  And without the Internet, we can not function.  Our appointments, our accounting, our family and friends all depend on the Internet so we were both relieved when the young man restored our systems.  It is interesting to me that they both have become important because for years we functioned perfectly well without either.  But no more.  We have joined the modern world.

No comments: