Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 9, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Wonderful Wendy.

Wonderful Wendy has come to visit.  She never comes just to visit.  She comes to be helpful.  She is my niece and has been helpful to me ever since she came to help me in 1972 when we bought our first home in Bethesda.    Our present home is complete on the inside so we have no projects for her.  We wanted her to see the finished product.  A year ago, she opened every box, working from dawn to dusk to organize the kitchen and the pantry, in addition to our closet.  When she left to go home, our home was a mess with paintings piled everywhere.    When she unload the dishwasher tonight, she even remembered where things belonged.  Of course, she put them there.

Her task this visit is to furnish our new decks.  We have expanded and improved the decks but now we have no furniture.  Wendy is happy to be having a major project.   Tomorrow we will measure and try to figure out what furniture ww need.   Sitting outside is lovely, at least when we are here in the Spring and Fall.  We look east so the afternoons are lovely watching the birds and the boats.  It is neither hot nor cold.  Just right.  We need Wonderful Wendy to help with the purchase and the installation.  She and I will go exploring, beginning tomorrow afternoon.

Ken ordered a new mail box but it is so heavy he can not pick it up, let along install it.  But Wendy will help.  By the end of her visit,  our outside will be as comfortable as the inside, thanks to Wendy.  I am so fortunate to have a niece, especially one like Wonderful Wendy.

1 comment:

Mostly Mosaics by Martha said...

I love your blogs. You are such a faithful writer . I am not! This winter was relatively mild in southwest Michigan. But was are paying for it now - snow several days in a row! Dale says the El Niño kept winter at bay, and is now letting in! Michigan is actually quite Grey and wet much of the spring.
I know I should not complain - but somehow I foolishly thought life would be easier when "I grew up". Ha!
I have had severe psinfor three months now - Drs do not seem too concerned? I have taken every test they wanted. Seems I have rspidly deteriorate arthritis in the bones of both hips and my back - which seem to be doing something to the muscles in my right thigh! I need to use a cane or my Walker when I wish to move anywhere !
Old age, indeed, is not for the weak of heart! I tell everyone to get this stuff when they are young enough to fight back!
I am still teaching art at the small Catholic Elementary School here in Niles! I do love the children and have watched the mature in sims you years - even their art eork is getting more and more wonderful!
And about a month ago I was called direct a play for a small community theatre "The Acting Ensemble". It is an adult comedy "Maternsl Spirits". I am having s good time - Dale helps with set building. The actors are wonderful - such a joy to work with creative and talented folks!
Can you tell me anything about the death of SaraLou's son! You two, of all people must know her sorrow.
Oh, and please change my email to:
msbbanks106@comcast.net
Love to both of you / you are both such strong and resilient people !