Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 27, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Catfish Fry.

We, along with the other good folks in Roses Bluff, were invited to a catfish Fry at the home at 505, just two doors over from us.   Their home is lovely and each time I walk I admire their house and their backyard, which slopes gently to the water with various decks and sitting areas along the way.   The shore line curves right there so I can see a bit of their back.   I had never met the owners until two weeks ago when we met the wife out front with their little dog.  As you would expect, she was very pleasant and friendly but was startled to realize that we had moved into our home one year ago and she had not met us.

Once a year, they have a golf tournament and fish fry for their employees and this year, they invited Roses Bluff people too.    The caterer was The Cock of the Walk, a restaurant on the reservoir.  They bring a truck and do all the cooking outside.  I will remember that for the future.  We got to talk with every neighbors we had known plus a few more besides.  Their backyard is wonderful for entertaining with a wide balcony across the full house at the back at least 12 feet deep.  We did not go to the water but there are sitting areas all the way down.  The place was crowded but not impossible.

These homes were built 20 to 25 years ago and many people are original owners.   Tonight,  I met many ladies trying to look young with lots of facial enhancements and plenty of makeup.  Like us, many of them spend time in other places of the country so are often away.   When we first moved here and I went for walks, I would return to tell Ken that no one actually lives here.  Tonight I learned that I was wrong and they do live here and are very pleasant but are often away, just like us.

Great fish fry.  Good food and nice people,  and we got home in time to watch the Nashville Predators on TV playing game 7 of round one.

No comments: