Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17, 20016. Canyon Lake, Texas. Turkey Cove Group.

The dogs and the adults are sitting on the deck enjoying the almost full moon discussing deep thoughts.  The 8 teenagers, who are sitting ten feet away from me at the dining table, are playing a game.  Both groups are having a wonderful time.  At 11:30, I am already well passed my curfew but I have enjoyed both groups so much I lost track of the time.  Ken has already retired.  It is obvious that this group of kids and adults enjoy each other which is a good thing, because they are the Turkey Cove Group.

The four families are friends and have been for many years.  One by one they have purchased vacation homes at Canyon Lake.  They have made their own picnic group.   One family has just purchased their home and have no dishes or facilities.  The seller even took the refrigerator.   Tonight they came for dinner with David and Suzanne and families.  Ken and I are more than ready to join in the fun.   Another of the family came over to celebrate their purchase so we have had an impromptu  party.  The fourth family is coming to the lake tomorrow so tomorrow night they will all have dinner together again.  

The name of our little bay is called Turkey Cove so I have named them.  I feel sure this group of lively and interesting adults and children will enjoy each other for many years to come.  I am certainly enjoying myself tonight being part of this Turkey Cove Group.

No comments: