Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 4, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. A Close Call.

Our hot water heater was not leaking but it was 14 years old.  And when Ken filled the big tub, rusty crud ended up in the bottom of the tub.  We suddenly lost water pressure on the second floor and sure enough, all the taps were filled with stuff.  We called for the plumber to check the pressures.  The plumber suggested we replace the tank especially since we will be gone for several months.  So we did.    The plumbers are excellent, quiet, polite and efficient and we have used them many times.

I was not paying attention to the three plumbers but was reading in the living room.  We have a bad habit of not closing our bathroom door.  Usually no one is here except us and the bathroom is set up so the toilet is beside a 4 foot ceramic wall on the far side of the bathroom so when anyone comes into the bathroom they would never see anyone sitting on the toilet except when they are in from of the sink which is 10 feet away.

I needed to use the bathroom.   Never thought a thing about the three men in the house.  I was sitting on the commode when a young man came in and walked quickly to the two sinks and took apart the faucets to be sure they were clear of junk.  He never saw me.  He was intent at his task so I stood up and walked out.  He never saw me.  Neither did I flush the toilet.  Had he seen me sitting on the commode when he walked in he would have been very embarrassed.    It was a close call but the young plumber was not aware that I was sitting on the toilet when he walked in.  I waited to flush after they left!!

No comments: