Saturday, June 17, 2017

June 17, 2017. Canyon Lake, Texas. Progress.

Had I been doing it all myself, it would have taken all week to unload the car.   I wore myself out loading the car at the ranch.  The result was I got a good old fashioned cold, the one with the running eyes and nose, along with the lack of energy.  All I wanted to do was to sit down, not drag stuff from the car.  But I worked away, as did Ken.  Yesterday morning Ken was up unloading at 6:00.  Once the belongings were into the house, I could organize but getting the things from the car was difficult.

David bailed us out.  When we arrived on Thursday David told us he would come on Saturday morning bringing groceries and completing the car.  He was as good as his word.  Pitiful but true but he completed the task in thirty minutes.  Now I have been busily putting away all the stuff we brought.  I have made major progress organizing the pantry and our bathroom.  Just one major cabinet is a mess in our bathroom and for that I need the small boxes Ken ordered.   And on Monday the carpenter will come so we can efficiently build shelves and shoe racks.

Hats off to David for all his help.  His three or four hours here was a godsend for us. And of course, we always enjoy his company.  I do enjoy making progress.

No comments: