Monday, February 12, 2018

February 12, 2018. Paradise Village, Mexico. Technology.

I am always keen to use new technology, but I only use it for what I need.  I do not poke around the new device to fine the limits.  I bought the first cell phone, when Cellular One first received their license.   Old friends will recall the radio ads I made for Cellular One at a time when they were trying to figure out who would want to buy those "car phones".   My habit has always to use the new for what I wanted.  The first business calculators were hugely helpful to me as an agent but I knew the fancy calculator was capable of doing much more than I was using.  But I did not care.  Ken of course,  uses the new stuff and figures out everything that the new device is capable of doing.

At work, I tried hard to stay away from the computer on purpose.  I felt that my task as the manager was to talk to agents and staff.  Whenever I did use technology at the office, I called for Regina and she helped.  At home, I called for Ken and he fixed any problem.  Now I have a problem.  I am unable to do what I want whenever I need to write my blog.  Fortunately, Ken is home and able to fix my problems but I must learn.  When I ask Ken what he had just done, he tells me that he is not sure what worked.  He simply tried lots of things and eventually gets me onto the blog.    So the next time, I will again not be able to get past the screen that says "Guest access Requested", unless I call for Ken.    I get stuck right there.   Next time I  will watch.  Or perhaps Christina could teach me.  Maybe I could even take a course.  I might need to learn new tricks, something this old  dog is not good at doing.   Never too late, people tell me.  My anxiety goes sky high.  Kind of funny too that I am so stupid.  Interesting but not really a pretty picture.

No comments: