Monday, February 26, 2018

February 26, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Updates.

Ken continues to have IV antibiotic at the condo three times a  day, administered by the nurses.  He is feeling better,  asking for specific foods at breakfast, and using his iPhone  and ear buds to listen to books.  Last evening before dinner he walked the 1000 steps on our balcony only  resting twice.  This morning he actually walked to the pool and around the whole  area, using the walker with the physical therapist at his side.  On Wednesday, he will have blood and urine samples taken to the lab  to see if his latest infection is gone.   He is still weak but getting  stronger.  Balance is terrible so he is fearful of falling.  In addition, his disease comes with a pattern of not being able to move.  He gets stuck and can not move.  He had read about it but this is the first time he has experienced it and he does not like it a bit.  Fortunately his sense of humor is alive and well and he is working hard to get stronger.  

I am back taking Ibrance.  In fact,  tomorrow I begin my second month of the oral chemo since I have been sick with the flu.  Tonight ends my week off, taking only Letrozole, thus allowing my  body to recover some immunity.  I am as well right now as I get these days.  I am walking the balcony morning and evening and doing exercises in the condo.  My hair is longer than it has ever been.  It does not look good.  But I do not care.  I am staying away from people, thus avoiding an infection.  The first Monday we are in Mississippi I go for scans.  Then we will really know how I am doing.

Rita serves us nutritious food which tastes good too.  That is why both Ken and I are thriving, so to speak.  For lunch today I ate an open face sandwich of goat cheese and avocado, served on a fresh Mexican roll.  Delicious.  And that is an update from Ken and me from Mexico.

No comments: