Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 1, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. A Lovely Interlude.

Yesterday I invited Ted, Kathy, Kenny and Anne for lunch on the balcony of the Golf Club.   They have been so incredibly helpful to Ken and me that I can not really repay their kindnesses, but I could at least take them for lunch.  Sitting on the balcony overlooking the 18th hole must be one of our favorite places at Paradise Village so I selected that venue for lunch.  In addition, it was easy.  We met at the site for the shuttle at Playa so we piled into the van and soon we were sitting waiting  to order lunch.   And what a good lunch it was.

Kenny and Anne have been cooking dinner every night.  They are good cooks.  Ken would have loved their meals.  We decided ahead of lunch that we would eat our main meal at noon so they would not need to cook at night.  And we did.  Yesterday morning I visited Ken while Kenny and Anne walked the beach.  In the afternoon they spent all afternoon with Ken while  I visited the pool.  Then I returned to help Ken.  When I returned from the hospital, a lovely salad was ready along with a loaf of fresh bread, which we ate together at 10:00.

Our lunch with the five of us was a delightful interlude for all of us.  The conversation was spirited and the food was excellent.  To top off our day, we waited three minutes for the shuttle home.  Some days you just get lucky.

No comments: