Wednesday, February 14, 2018

February 14, 2018. Paradise Village, Mexico. Valentines Day.

Tonight, Rita will prepare a special dinner.  No dining out for the four of us this year.  Of course, we never go out on Valentines Day.  The restaurants are too full.  I spoke with my brother Dave this morning and they too are not going out to dinner  tonight.  Instead they will celebrate tomorrow by going out for lunch, undoubtedly at a fancy restaurant.  Last week,  Rita bought thick pork chops at the Mega grocery store, especially for our dinner tonight.  I don't know what else will go with the chops, but I know dinner will be good.   She is a good cook and is serving us tasty and healthy food, which is exactly what we all need.

Yesterday afternoon, Ken and I decided to spend more time enjoying ourselves.  I have started by listing in my mind all my blessings which includes the weather and the good folks who are helping us.  The nurses are kindly and helpful with Ken, as well as competent.   And we have a host of friends and family who continue to keep us in their thoughts and prayers.  Healthy hugs are sent regularly to both Ken and me.   And special gold stars to David and Christina who are helping us with our mess.  I know this is a difficult patch for us but we still see the sunny side of life.  We are both trying to keep our sunny side up.  

No comments: