Friday, February 9, 2018

February 9, 2018. Paradise Village. Rita and Ian.

Last Monday, Rita and Ian arrived  at Paradise Village.   Their flight arrived on time.  No delays in either flight.  They flew from Ottawa to Chicago, then direct to Puerto Vallarta, arriving at the airport at 2:00.  I went to the bench at the main building to await their arrival, taking with me a sandwich for lunch along with a bottle of water, as I was not sure how long they would take clearing customs.  I had two bites of sandwich when their taxi arrived.  After checking in at the hotel desk, we walked to our apartment where they changed to comfortable clothes.  They were keen to see Ken immediately, so we walked to the hospital, with me pointing out landmarks so they could find their way back.  I had been at the hospital all morning until I left at 2:30 to meet them.  After a short visit, Rita and I came home, me to get a break and Rita to unpack.

But they both got lost that evening.  After a couple of hours,  Rita walked back to the hospital to relieve Ian but she got lost on the second floor and investigated every corner before finding  the patient rooms.  She had missed one door, one with no signs.  Ian walked home to the apartment but could not find our room.  He thinks he was in the correct tower but was on the wrong floor.  And I did not write down the number.  After knocking on several wrong doors,  he walked back to the hospital to find Rita and they both returned together with their funny stories.  They both thought they had been looking for landmarks but their day had started early.   But we have laughed many times about the lost souls at Paradise Village.    Now they know the way everywhere.  This morning, they visited the grocery store in Bucerias, so we are set for food.  Hats off to them for all their help.

No comments: