Thursday, February 15, 2018

February 15, 2018. Paradise Village, Mexico. The Trots.

Dr. Rios, Ken's main doctor has an assistant.  We had seen him often when Ken was in the hospital.  He is young, well trained and speaks excellent English, which is the same for Dr. Rios.  Tonight he made a house call and visited the both of us in our apartment at Paradise Village.  You must admit that that is unusual.   Both Ken and I were anxious about the future,  so now we have a plan. Tomorrow, the nurse will draw blood from both of us and the evening nurse will take the samples to the lab at the hospital.  If Ken has no infection, we will set a date with the Urologist.  If he still has an infection, he will need to go back on more medication.

Starting about 6:00 this morning, I got the trots.  Time after time  I was in the bathroom.  The good doctor stated that I am dehydrated and he started med on anti biotics.  Also I must force fluids.  Three  bottles of the electrolyte by morning.    If I do not drink enough, tomorrow morning I must go to the hospital for rehydrating.  I am supposed to count the number of trips I make to the bathroom.  The whole time Ken was in the hospital I got no infection.  Now I have the trots.   Rita and Ian went to the pharmacy twice tonight.   Now I am hoping to sleep all night, thanks to my little white pill.  No food for me today but Rita made me rice and carrots, which I was able to stay down.  I have no high temperature and my blood pressure is norma.  But I am shaky and my heart rate is high.  I must drink more. fluids.

No comments: