Thursday, February 22, 2018

February 22, 2018. Paradise Village, Mexico. Worrying.

Thinking through issues that need to be resolved I have never thought of as worrying, merely trying to plan for the future.  I would work out the best ending and I would work out the worst thing that could happen snd I tried to make a plan to resolve the issue.  If something was totally out of my control, I paid no attention and went merrily on my way.  My system has worked.  I have not been a worry wort.   Until now.

I am worrying about everything.  It is foolishness on my part.  Perhaps I do not have enough to do.  Or maybe my issues can not be resolved.  Son David has urged me to pay no attention to everything that I can not control.  But that is easier said than done.  Ken now is having new antibiotics to clear up the latest infection.  It should work because the new strong medicine is specific for the infection.  But I have worked through all the options to us if the medicine will not work.  He needs another procedure in order to get his plumbing doing.  If the infection is still there in a week, he will not be able to do anything because if the infection is still present, no procedure can be done.  So we will return to Mississippi with Ken using a catheter.

Then I worry that we will be able to find a good Urologist in Jackson.  This is totally silly on my part.  And I worry about anyone helping us at home.  After Rita and Ian leave for Ottawa on March 28 will anyone be with me to help with Ken?  Will our insurance cover a nurse at home?  Will we ever be able to get funds back from Blue Cross Blue Shield that Christina has submitted?  I know I am making mountains out of molehills.  But somehow or other, I seem unable to resolve all those issues, over which I have no control.  I am being very silly I know.

But tomorrow afternoon, Rita and I are having a massage.  I will try hard not to worry but the reality is that my immune system is poor and there might be others around and perhaps they might have a cold.  This worrying seems to never end.   I need to get a grip.

No comments: