Sunday, March 11, 2018

March 11, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Stubborn.

Being  stubborn is a major asset and also a decided liability.   Not quitting until the task is done requires a substantial dose of stubbornness.   For example, Ken is stubborn which has held him in good stead during his life but this stubbornness is sometimes frustrating.  When Ken was 16, his father insisted that Ken get a job.  Ken was an indifferent student at high school so it made sense.  But Ken said no.   When Ken decided to go to medical school, he discovered to his horror that he had missed taking required courses.   No teacher dreamt he would want to go to University, so he took another year of high school and in one year he took 4years of French, physics, Latin and trigonometry.   He being stubborn, passed every course, which gives you a good indication as to why his French is not good.  And he was accepted into 3 Universities, Toronto, Western and I think Queens.  

He was given a scholarship but he had no other funds so he was forced to take a year of work to make enough money for University.  So he did.  In retrospect, it is amazing that no one suggested to him a student loan.  Or perhaps they did not exist in 1955.   The list goes on.  Ken has always had bad lungs.  His solutions was to I gnome his health and stubbornly continue his life.

This morning, Ken wanted to fiddle with the computer.  We have all told him no.  David has told him, Ian has told him and I have told him.     The most important thing is we all want him to focus on getting well.  The second part is that if the computer is connected to the Internet, the crook may access our system.  Ken being stubborn, went to the computer and deactivated the computer from being on line so the crook will be out of business.   So Ken fiddled with the computer.  But when he turned the system back so on I could write my wee web log, he was a not able  to get it to work.  I am now using my iPad, which he was able to get me on.   The only thing to do when dealing with a stubborn person is to laugh.   What has Ken been successful has been his intellect and his stubbornness.  No point in getting upset but I must admit, at first I was irritated.  Then I went for a walk on the balcony, sang my gospel songs and got back to enjoying  my life with Ken.

No comments: