Monday, March 12, 2018

March 12, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Rita.

I hope Rita is enjoying herself in Mexico, because we certainly appreciate her presence.   You have no idea everything she is doing for us throughout the day.   Every morning, she makes us breakfast.   Sometimes she cooks special food for Ken but if not, she brings him a big bowl of cereal and fruit, topped with yogurt.  For me, while I am drinking my first cup of coffee made by Ian, Rita brings me toast with cheese, with lots of fruit.   Our breakfasts are always a breakfast of champions.

At noon, Rita prepares lunch.  Even when they have gone to the beach or pool in the morning, Rita comes up around 1:00 to fix our lunch.   Today we ate soup which was delicious.   She often takes food back down so they can enjoy lunch in the open air.   Then back up she comes around 5 to prepare dinner, which we eat around 7:00.   After the food d is prepared but not cooked,  Rita joins Ian at Happy Hour while we sit and talk about the events of the day.  Our dinners are delicious and nourishing.  We always s start with a big salad.  We have discovered that Ken will eat the whole salad if it is served first.   Next Rits serves the plates in the kitchen with nurse Laura bringing us our food.   Tonight we ate meat loaf, cauliflower, carrots and potato salad with a fruit salad for dessert.  

I asked at dinner if she is bothered by making all these meals.   Being polite, she told me that she enjoys cooking and that cooking for two is difficult.  I suspect that she only pretends to enjoy cooking for us.   But we enjoy and appreciate her cooking and organizing.   Rita is a marvel.   Always with a smile with encouraging words.   Ken and I are grateful for Rita’s presence in our lives.  


No comments: