Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March 20, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Dress.

Across the street at The Farmers Market is a lady who sells very nice dresses.   And she will make you a custom dress if you want it longer or in a different material.   She is a busy lady because her dresses cost 400pesos, which is about $25. US.  The dresses are mostly sleeveless and made of lovely fabric which are perfect for the casual life of Vallarta.  Cathy told Rita about the lady and where her stand could be found at the Market, so the next Tuesday, she  bought a dress.   And she told her new friend Joan, who bought a dress.    It seems that every Tuesday the ladies buy anther dress.   Joan has bought 6 and Cathy 5.

Two weeks ago, Rita selected a dress for me.  I was to go and approve the choice.  But I refused  and told Rita to bring back  the dress next week and the fabric would be fine.   So, next week at the market, Rta paid for the dress and brought it home but it was too small.  So back she went to ask the lady to use the same fabric but make it bigger.

Today was the day to return from the market with my new dress, which Rita said would be perfect,  even though it is sleeveless.   When she returned, Rita was not pleased.  The fabric was different and the lady charged 50 more pesos for the extra material.   My main issue with new clothes is whether or not the garment will fit and is comfortable.    When I tried it on, I was delighted to know that it meets my criteria.  And Ken liked it too.  So I am the proud owner of a new dress, which I will take with me to Mississippi.   Summers are hot there, so a sleeveless dress might  come in handy.

And Rita returned with yet another cute dress, but in size S.   Mine is XXL.  She will wear these dresses in Ottawa during the summer and will like smashing.   My dress is fine but her three new dresses look a lot better.  Maybe it has something to do wth the size.

No comments: