Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 28, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Storms.

Tonight we had our first storm of the season. Mississippi storms are spectacular. We even had a tornado warning on the TV. Elizabeth kindly drove me on 3 errands. When she was waiting for me at the drugstore, she listened to the radio. The weather was going to be nasty with heavy rain, hail, high winds and even a possible tornado. We both were pleased to heading home. The air was heavy but no storm until 9:00. While Ken and I were watching a Caps hockey game, everything was noisy outside. We decided that the storm had arrived. The rain pelted down for about 30 minutes, along with thunder. We might have had hail but we were not about to open a door to check. All I know was the noise was loud, so much so that we could not hear the commentary on the TV. Ken and I discussed going to bed before we lost power, but we stayed watching the game. I did put on my night shirt and got my paperwork ready for Ken's appointment with the Urologist at 8:15 tomorrow. But the storm passed. Now all we hear is falling rain, which is heavy but not deafening. And the wind has stopped too. I will quit. You never know when we will be with no electricity. I want to be in bed when that occurs.

No comments: