Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March 7, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Ken.

Ken returned to his room at noon looking bright and cheery.  He looked much better than after the last procedure.  Of course, he is stronger now and has no infection.  Rita and I had gone over to the hospital at 11:30 but he was  still in recovery so Rita went  for a walk while I read and did my simple exercises.  After he returned the room,  Ken and I chatted, then he napped a bit.  Finally decided he was hungry so asked for chicken soup.  He ate everything on his tray.

The surgeon is supposed to be back in the hospital at 6 to meet with us so I do not know exactly what was done and what is the prognosis.  At the moment, Ken has two bags of water flushing the new plumbing, plus an IV giving him liquid.  So far he has not gotten out of bed.  He feels fine.  Ian is with him.  Soon I will return to the hospital to relieve Ian.  At the moment, I do not know anything about the surgery, except that Ken has checked off the first step in his drive to be able to urinate.  And we know that he looks good and that he has survived the surgery.  Step one has been accomplished.

No comments: