Sunday, March 18, 2018

March 18, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Weather.

The weather here on the west coast of Mexico is remarkable.   I call it  indoor ourdoor weather, where the doors and windows are always open and there is always a breeze in the air.   No wonder people from the north come for the winter.  Ever since Rita and Ian arrived, the weather has been perfect.  The only reason they do not go to the pool or the beach is to have a change of scene.   Today they have spent the whole day under a palapa, staying in the shade and getting in the water frequently.   They came up mid afternoon so Rita could put together  a meatloaf.  She has set the oven to start cooking at 5:15.  We will see if it works.  They are enjoying the warmth and the people at the pool.  After all, Ottawa, where they live, is the coldest capitol in the world.

The questing I ask myself is why I am not going down to the pool?  After all, Ken is being attended by the nurse so I could go down to swim and hot tub in the afternoon, but for some reason I am not  inclined to accompany them even for a short time.  I like to swim and I like to hot tub but somehow or other, I do not go.   I wonder if I am being lazy.  I prefer to think that I am spending time with Ken and that I do not wish to leave him alone  with the nurse.   Every day Ken and I sit on the balcony enjoying the warmth and the ocean, and most afternoon we take a rest on the bed.   Before we close our eyes, we talk lying on the bed.  Sometimes we have the best conversation when we are not looking at each other.  Or maybe I am fearful of catching a bug from the peole at the pool.   But for whatever reasons, I have only gone to the pool twice this season and that was Ken was in Intensive care  at the hospital.   Seems silly not to make use of the lovely facilities while I stay in the condo and walk the balcony.  I have become a recluse.  Who would have thought it of me.

No comments: