Saturday, September 11, 2021

September 11, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Dinner Party.

This evening we officially welcomed Pat and Mal to Western Head. I invited Gill, Mary & Clif for dinner to my house. Of course, as I no longer cook, entertaining is difficult, but I manage. Hunts Point Market who is catering for me this summer did the cooking. And with Mal carrying the food and making up the plates we did just fine. The market cooked trout almindine and rice along with a coleslaw salad. The fish was delicious. And for dessert we ate blueberry pie, baked by Heather. We nibbled on cheese and crackers before dinner. And we drank a glass of wine sitting in the living room. Pat, Mal and I laughed the day before when we were figuring out the logistics of the dinner. Our problem was that Pat, Clif and I are not really able to carry plated of food. Fortunately, Gill, Mary and Mal did all the lifting and the carrying of the plates. And as usual, Mal loaded the dishwasher. I planned as much as possible early in the day. I set the table and filled the water glasses. And Pat cut up the cheese. So with everyone helping out, we had a successful dinner party. But I could not have done it myself. Now Pat and Mal are officially welcomed.

No comments: