Wednesday, September 29, 2021

September 29, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Saying Goodbye.

Today is my last day to be in Nova Scotia so all week, friends have popped by to give me a farewell, which has pleased me. Friend Susie just left after bringing me lunch and having a visit. Last evening after work, David stopped by for our last conversation of 2021. We both agreed that the summer has flown by. "A time warp seems to be taking place," said David. "The summer has come and gone." Our plan was to drive to Brier Island but that must wait for another season. Earlier in the day, Cliffie came by to say hello and goodbye. They were so pleased to be able to get to Nova Scotia this summer that he said they are enjoying every minute here. And Gill popped by too. She leaves for Toronto on October 3rd. Her knee has been giving her trouble so she has appointments back in Toronto with the doctors to find out what is the matter. It has done well with rest but when she walks the old pain comes back. Mary M. came to say a farewell on Monday. She was sailing during the day and she has band practice on Tuesday evening. Now I will see her next year. And I had a farewell lunch with friend Frances Y. So now I am all set to get on my way tomorrow. Jacky is doing a last clean of the house today and will take my little case downstairs. I am able to bring it down the stairs myself but I must be very careful so she will take it for me. Now everything in the house is in order for the winter. My day tomorrow will be long. Mr. Gaskell will pick me up at 8:00 to take me to the airport for my 12:15 flight to Toronto. My next flight is to Washington Reagan and finally to Jackson where I will arrive at 9:15 local time. My Lyft driver Chris will pick me up and take me home. All being well, I should be home around 10:00 pm which will be midnight Atlantic time. So here I go. My next words will come from Jackson, Mississippi.

No comments: