Monday, September 27, 2021

September 27, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Covid Tests.

In order to get on the plane on Thursday, I must have had a negative Covid test within 72 hours of my flight. This is a requirement of the airlines. Outside my local hospital is a sign telling that they give Covid tests so I called, only to be told that they will give the test but will not provide a statement saying the results. The do not give results in writing for purposes of travel. Instead, I must get my test at a private clinic where I must pay. Gill investigated and discovered that the only private clinics are in Halifax. I made an appointment for today. Anna must drive to Montreal and could not work today so Mr. Gaskell agrees to drive me. Fortunately the day was glorious so we had a pleasant drive. My appointment was for 11;30. He suggested we leave early as construction could be an issue. Plus he was not sure where we were going, which was right downtown in Halifax. Mr. Gaskell made a couple of wrong turns which give me a chance to see more of Halifax which I enjoyed. Actually, downtown Halifax was buzzing. It looked great with lots of restaurants and bistros. Everything was sparkling. The clinic was ready for me and they even had 30 minute parking for us. Mr. Gaskell came in with me and waited with me until I completed the test which took all of 15 minutes total. We headed right back to Liverpool and I was home by 1:15. It was an expensive day but my test is done. I had both tests. The short antigen test I received this afternoon and the longer one should come tomorrow or Wednesday. I had both tests done just because the long test they will not guarantee will arrive by the time I leave. This is a crazy set of rules we must navagate but I do not complain. I just get it done. Now I am set for my flight back to Mississippi on Thursday.

No comments: