Thursday, September 2, 2021

September 2, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia, The Remnants of Ida.

This was a perfect storm for Western Head. Lots of rain, wind and surf but no damage and no power outage. I awoke to hear the rain pounding on the french door. It was noisy. Then I listened to the loud wind. I knew storm Ida had arrived. This bedroom is a perfect place in a storm because of the sounds. The two dormers seem to accntuate the wind because it shrieks and moans. All morning I puttered around the bedroom, listening all the while to the rain and the wind. Finally at 11:30 I went downstairs. I needed my tea and avacado toast. The living room was different. But what I lost with the sounds I gained with the view of the angry seas. I can see the ocean from the bedroom but not as well as from the living room. The waves were pouring into the shore and the white caps were large as far as you could see. The ocean was too dangerous to surf today but perhaps tommow the surfers could catch a wave or two.All day the wind roared. The rains came and went from mid afternoon. Evidently Digby got a huge amount of rain, as did New York and New Jersey. Here we got a lot of rain but no flooding. But the sights and sounds made for a perfect storm. All day I enjoyed my front row seat of the angry ocean. Once again, we dodged the bullet. And once again, I was grateful to be living in Western Head.

No comments: