Saturday, September 25, 2021

September 25, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Fehr Family.

Anna, Abe and Isaac were my guests tonight for dinner at Paul's German Bistro. This is our tradidition to celebrate my summer successfully in Nova Scotia by dining together. Anna has been a big help to me the past three years. The evening was warm so we sat ourdoors on the covered patio. During the evening, the heat lamp was turned on to keep us cosy. So we had a good time. In addition, Hans the cook was celebrating two weekends of Oktoberfest with a special menu with the waitresses dressed in old fashioned german clothes. It was a special evening all around and we had a good time. Isaac their youngest son is bright but not well educated. I have been after him to get some credentials. The Fehr Family no nonger believe in the Mennonite way of life but lots of their past beliefs come to haunt them, including Isaac. So I told him that if he has done nothing about becoming a mechanic, which he wants to do, I will not invite him to dinner next year. Everyone laughed. But he got the point. He has a good job but it is not what he wants to do for the rest of his life. I outlined a path for him. The Community Colleges in Nova Scotia are excellent. Now it is up to him to make the next step. On Monday, Anna and Abe drive to Montreal to get their final medical check before they receive their green cards. Getting a green card is time consumning and with vovid the time has stretched out. But perhaps the paper work will be completed and they finally will get their green card. Their daughter in Pennsylvania is their sponser. I wish them well but I hope they will be in Nova Scotia next summer so Anna will be able to help me. No matter what, I will keep in touch.

No comments: