Sunday, September 12, 2021

September 12, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. September .

I have always enjoyed September. This is especialy true in Nova Scotia. I love the trees. Of course, the leaves do not turn their bright colors in September but you know it is coming so I anticipate what is coming. Leaves turning red and orange is a memory now but they are still vivid in my mind. In Maryland, where we lived for 40 years the leaves were beautiful too with lots of orange and bright yellows. But not many bright reds. At the farm in Pennsylvania, the whole sides of the hills were aflame with colors. It was beautiful. And I can still picture it in my mind. So when I think of September I look forward to the changing of the leaves. But mostly I like the weather. Right now, the weather is perfect, here in Nova Scotia. It is not too hot nor too cold. And mostly in September the sun shines. Today we went for lunch at The Osprey Nest. We sat outside in a covered patio with a clear plastic covering one wall to protect us from the stiff breeze. It was delightful. I felt like baby bear. And at the shore of Western Hed there is just a wiff of coolness in the breeze, reminding me that cool weather will soon follow, telling me that I must soon follow the birds and head south. I love September but it does remind me to move along. But at the moment, I am enjoying the perfect weather of September.

No comments: