Tuesday, September 14, 2021

September 14, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Booking Flights.

I do not recall that booking flights were so time consuming. Perhaps that is true because Ken always booked our flights. We would decide on the dates and he arranged our flights using the Internet. A couple of years before he was ill, he asked me to book our flights but I used the travel department at the Platinum card of American Express, because he suggested it to me. My vision is difficult with details on the computer screen. Ever since then, I have been making the plane arrangements by using platinim travel. And they have done a good job. But every year, my time on the phone gets longer. Now I have just completed my next journey. And it took a long time. I leave December 15 for Toronto, where I arrive at 6:15pm. I must first fly to Charlotte. Then January 1st I fly to Puerto Vallarta direct from Toronto, which is nice. Wonderful Wendy and Ken will book on the same plane, which is great for me. I leave PV on February 26, after 2 months in the condo. First I fly to Dallas and then on to Jackson. So I am all set for my next journey. I have spent time questing myself as to whether or not I should extend my visit to PV another few weeks. Finally, today I decided to go home to Jackson after 8 weeks. Next I spoke to son David to see if they would be at home in May. So instead of spending more weeks in Mexico, I will fly to Texas at the beginning of May and spend two weeks with David and Suzanne before flying to Portland to start the cruise. Now I am set. And I am delighted.

No comments: