Sunday, September 19, 2021

September 19, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Dinner Party.

Pat and Mal offered to host a dinner party at my house. Their plan was to invite the friends, shop, then cook the whole meal. Tonight was the night for the party and it was splendid. I asked Mal to cook my big bag of scallops which I have had frozen from last year and he did. Along with the scallops they served a green salad and baggets. For appitizers we ate two types of cheese and crackers plus mixed nute. The only thing I did was to set the table while they did everything else. Their guests were Gill, Mary & Cliff and Frances Y. so we were a happy group if seven. All of those guests had entertained Pat and Mal over the years so they were happy to cook for those good friends of mine. And we had a good time. Mary brought cooked squash which was a good addition to the meal. Over the years Ken and I entertained many friends for dinner and it was no problem. But now I only entertain when I have house guests. But tonight with Pat and Mal doing all the organization and the cooking it was a pleasure to be using all my big lonvely bowls. Pat and Mal made the suggestion but the actual event was even better than we anticipated. We all had a good time at our dinner party, put together by Pat and Mal. Gold star to them.

No comments: