Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27, 2010. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico.

I do not know why travel days are so tiring. Always, the evening leaves me out to lunch, figuratively speaking. It seems unreasonable. All you do all day is sit and read and nap and eat, with a lot of walking thrown in. But when you arrive at your destination you are so tired you must take a nap and I have no clue why. Part of it is that you started early in the day so you are short of sleep. Next comes the delay of an hour and a half departure from Houston. Finally comes the organization at the apartment. All together, before going out to dinner I must lay down and close my eyes.

Robbie and Joyce are here too so tonight we took the shuttle down to the Hotel for Happy Hour for two for one drinks, followed by food in the bar. It was fun and festive. Ken and I sat down to watch a bit of TV when I went to sleep immediately. I really do not know why a travel day leaves me so weary but I do know that I am not at my best the evening of the travel day. Tomorrow is a new day and after a good night sleep I will begin to enjoy the weather and the foliage. I am already enjoying the lack of snow.

No comments: