Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 9, 2010. Mexico. Snow, Snow, Snow.

Since 1883, the Washington area has experienced thirteen major snow storms This year we have already had two, and another one is on the way. Over the weekend, over two feet of heavy wet snow fell on the whole region so by Monday, the city was at a stand still. The Federal Government was closed Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow the weather bureau is forecasting ten to twenty inches of snow yet again. Our office has stayed open. It is so interesting, that some people can always get to work, no matter the weather and without regard for the distance.

Regina called to tell me the news that Chinese food was served to everyone who was able to get to the office. She also wanted to warn me that upon our arrival home, the snow will be still there. Fortunately, my car is in the garage at work, so after the Metro ride to Bethesda, we must drive my car home through the snow and slush. Ken's truck is also in a garage at the apartment, so it will not be necessary to clear off all the snow. Once we left my car at BWI parking lot, and arrived back at the lot with all cars covered with snow, so one car looked like every other car. It was not easy to find my own.

Eighty degrees and sunny has been my experience this week, but I definitely will not act smug upon my arrival home.

No comments: