Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. Travelling.

The drill is the same but never is boring. I clear my desk at work, hand over my telephone log to Suzanne, have a last minute conversation with Regina, hug Debbie goodbye, then drive home. At home I complete the most important tasks first, then work backwards to the least important activities and finally sit and watch a bit of TV, realizing that we about to take a trip. The whole thing is exhilarating.

At home, first I switch my purse, next pack my backpack, including medications and drops and finally adding cell phone and Kindle in my backpack. My travel clothes are already all laid out. Finally I take a load of laundry downstairs, as if I run out of time to do the laundry I can always just leave the dirty clothes in the hamper.

Interesting thought, as we will be attending an anniversary party in Toronto during this visit to Nova Scotia, we will need to have decent clothes. Ken and I can not remember what clothes we own up there. I am taking two silk outfits just in case, while Ken says that if he has no suitable clothes he will make a visit to Frenchy's and buy more clothes. There is a solution for everything. Now after a good night sleep, we will fly to Halifax.

1 comment:

dchapman said...

I like the drill, especially the hugging Debbie part! Have a wonderful trip Ruth.(: