Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1, 2010. Dickie Creek Farm, Artemas, Pa. Changes.

It seems that every solution brings a new problem. In other words, when you solve one problem for which you are eternally grateful, additional problems arise out of the solution. It should be pure, just solve the problem, but it doesn't work that way.

Yesterday at Dr. H's office, out of my left eye my vision was 20/30. It will get better and soon my vision will be perfect. This morning , the first sight I saw out of my left eye was the door handle, clear as a bell. I have not been able to see clearly out of that eye since I was six. It is a miracle it seems. In reality, I have a new lens in that eye. In the past, in order to read, I merely pushed my glasses down on my nose and the change in focal distance made the words clear. Now I must use reading glasses. Solve one problem, and I get another. But it is a marvel to behold.

Also at Dr. H's office he said that I am unbalanced with my eyes, so I must either wear my old glasses or go without them and use my new eye. Ken had taken my one lens out of my glasses and I was trying to function with one good eye and one glass lens. Dr. H. said no. Back in the car, Ken suggested that I get rid of my glasses and look through the good eye, so I did. We stopped for reading glasses on route to the farm, at a large grocery store in Hagerstown of all things, and now I can read, using my one new good eye. Again, it is a marvel.

In a perfect and normal world, thirty days after one lens is done, the other is done too, in order to balance the eyes. But of course, our life is hectic, so it will not be until July that I will change lens#2. You must not fly for two weeks after surgery. In the meantime, I will be looking out of both eyes but really seeing from my left, except when I need to see something close up, when I will close my left eye and bring the object very close to my right, when I will be able to see it perfectly. Come July, I will have two good eyes to see, but no ability to see close up, so threading a needle will be difficult. Ken would say that it is years since I last threaded a needle, so I have not lost much.

Now I am not wearing glasses at all, except sun glasses and reading glasses. It is a modern marvel!!.

No comments: