Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21, 2010. Toronto, Canada. Kelley.

She bailed me out, good and proper, just from the goodness of her heart. I couldn't say thank you nor give her a tip, but she helped me, big time. Thursday afternoon we drove to the airport and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn as we were flying to Toronto Friday morning. They allow you to leave your car in their parking lot for a week when you stay one night in the hotel. The arrangement suited us as we would be driving very early and the difference between the hotel charge and the parking charge was negligible. It was a pleasant start to our weekend in Toronto, driving in the afternoon, showering, then dining out on their pleasant small restaurant.

On the way back to the room we stopped at the computer to print our boarding pass. Our printer at home is out of ink. Ken had trouble with their computer, so I asked at the desk for help. Kelley came immediately and cheerfully to help. While chatting with us, I told her about the mess on my sweater at dinner. While eating my delicious mussels, I spread the juice all across the front of my white sweater. Now we travel with few clothes so the one white sweater was the only warm garment and now it was stained from top to bottom. We all laughed about the foolishness of wearing white while travelling. Then she offered to launder it for me that evening. First thing in the morning, there it was, shining bright and spotless, waiting for me after breakfast. She was a ministering angel to me. So thank you Kelley. You certainly made me look presentable.

No comments: