Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010. Western Head, N.S. The Weather.

Last evening we had cocktails on the deck. The sun was shining and the sea was calm. It was a perfect day in Liverpool. Even in the summer we often are unable to entertain on the deck due to the high wind and the cool temperature, but last night it was perfect for our dinner party. The thing to know about the weather here is it's changeability. If you don't like the weather right now, just wait a bit because it surely will change.

Today the rain came down until mid-afternoon. That's when I went for a walk. By the time I arrived home the sun was shining so after sitting on the deck Ken and I took a hot tub as dark clouds were appearing in the Western sky. Unusual wind from the East was just stirring up the trees but after sunset the sky was clear once again. It is now 9:30 and although the sun has set, the sky is light and bright. You just never know what will happen to the weather next, so I always wear my sunglasses and have my rain coat handy, just to be on the safe side. As I was taught as a Girl Guide, "Be Prepared".

No comments: