Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 11, 2010. Artemas, Pa. Nostalgia.

The back roads in Pennsylvania are narrow and winding and plentiful. Years ago when the boys were young and we lived in our old rustic/primitive farm house we often went driving at dusk to see the deer. We had favorite roads, roads that always rewarded us with wild animals, deer, rabbits, foxes and birds. This afternoon on the way to the farm, Ken and I drove down those old roads. Not much has changed but the drive is still pretty.

This morning we packed up the car and drove to the farm, leaving the apartment at eleven o.clock, a most unusual time for us. But I must say, the traffic was light and we ate at noon, both rewarding to us. Hagerstown is a restaurant town, but what is most impressive is that it houses a Japanese restaurant that is better than any others we frequent in any other cities. Go figure? The food was excellent and plentiful and we dined at our leisure.

My son David wonders what I am going to do with my self now that I am retired, but I think I will be fine. Ken told someone recently that we are much better at doing nothing than we were in the past and I think that is correct. In the meantime, we will drive frozen Angus meat to Andrew and Christina in Mississippi and spend Thanksgiving with the family. My life will be full.

No comments: