Friday, November 19, 2010

November 19, 2010. Jackson, Ms. Dinner Party.

Eight adults and nine adults makes for a good party, especially when the children play outdoors the whole time, including dinner on the patio. Then after dessert the children watched a movie in the TV room and were quiet as a mouse. At dinner, the adults ate in the dining room, just like real people. It was a very pleasant dinner indeed.

Jim and Eleanor and their four children attended along with the builder of their new home and his wife and two children who are staying in a trailer out by the construction site while the building is underway. It was a lively interesting group.

Andrew smoked the turkey in the huge smoker that John and he built in John's yard. The interior dimensions of the smoker is 48 by 48 by 60 so it holds a whole bunch of meat. The turkey was tender and tasty which along with sweet potatoes made for an excellent meal. Christina's chocolate cake for dessert.

I am the beneficiary of my children's friends both here and in San Antonio. I enjoy their friends and they are kind to introduce us to them. They are a great blessing to my life and I appreciate their kindnesses and their thoughtfulness. I feel that I am a lucky lady.

No comments: