Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010. Jackson, Ms. Linda.

Linda is Christina's mother. We are friends. She and I have led our lives totally in opposite ways in so many ways, yet we are friends. It is quite amazing to me. Tonight we have been invited to Linda's house for dinner. She lives in a lovely large home here in Jackson just over a mile from Christina and Andrew's home. She purchased it when she moved to Jackson from Houston on the recommendation of her family. As her son and daughter- in- law lived here she selected Jackson for her new home. A bout of vertigo in Houston laid her low and after she recovered, the family encouraged her to live close to one family member and she chose Jackson. Now Andrew and Christina live here too. Now she just must visit Boston to visit her other son.

Linda is everything I am not as a grandmother. She is a huge help to Christina with picking the girls up from activities and she takes one girl at a time over to bake with her. Before Kate was old enough to stay with Molly she babysat for Molly herself at her own home. She does everything I am not.

Linda has not worked since she became engaged. Her social skills are top drawer and she can talk to anyone. Now I have worked since I was thirteen. I am now retired so Linda and I are the same. I think it is fascinating that we have arrived at the same place via very different paths. And we are still friends.

No comments: